Employment Application (Online Application – Registration Required)
The Cherokee Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking the best-qualified candidates who satisfy all employment criteria regardless of race, creed, color, sex, national origin or disability. CSO attends job fairs across the state, speaks to cadets at local police academies, and visits colleges in an attempt to recruit qualified applicants to apply for employment.
Civilian and sworn applicants go through a very similar application process.
- Step 1: All applicants must submit an application online through the employment link,
- Step 2: Sworn applicants must also complete a physical ability test,
- Step 3: After the initial background clearance, applicants then sit before an interview board comprised of five individuals.
- Step 4: Assuming the applicant is recommended to continue in the process, a conditional job will be extended with the conditions that the applicant passes a physical, psychological, polygraph, and thorough background investigation.
- The Sheriff and Chief enjoy meeting with applicants and sit down with each conditional applicant during their hiring process.
- Step 5: Applicants who successfully complete the preceding steps are then offered a position and start date.
- Step 6: Newly hired employees go through an orientation process and begin their careers as members of the CSO Team.
- The entire selection process takes approximately 45-60 days from the date of the physical agility test.
- If you have any questions about the recruiting or hiring process, please contact (470) 533-9552.